No more right click terminal

Stuart Jansen sjansen at gurulabs.com
Fri Jul 15 20:38:34 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 22:15 +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> Exactly THIS is the model I'm talking about and that I would want to
> see from any distro that cares about their user base.

Sure, and it'd be nice if on their way home the maintainers would drop
by my place to wash my car and clean my apartment.

I'd rather see the Fedora developers fight bugs than aggregate user
requests and write patches. If you were paying for their services, I
could see making demands of maintainers. As your not, I think it is
reasonable to expect you to deal with upstream yourself. Ultimately,
F/OSS is not a democracy, it is a meritocracy. Your influence is
directly proportional to the value of your contribution--and talk is
cheap.

--
Stuart Jansen <sjansen at gurulabs.com>
Guru Labs, L.C.