No more right click terminal

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Jul 15 21:27:43 UTC 2005

Once upon a time, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> said:
> "non-developer/non-sysadmin" is the key here, these people most likely never
> have and never will care what SSH stand for or does.
>
> Obviously its useful for sysadmin types right now, nobody disputes that.

SSH is a tool for anyone that wants to access a remote system.

Haven't you people ever heard of web hosting?  We've got a several
thousand customers, and many of them prefer to edit their web sites on
the server, especially since transferring things back and forth is slow,
cumbersome, and sometimes troublesome to keep in sync.  There are tools
to make that easier (such as rsync, another terminal program), but it is
much easier for many people to simply have one copy of their web site on
the server.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>