No more right click terminal

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Sat Jul 16 01:16:45 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 06:12:21AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >Must it be in a context with the desktop to make sense?
> >
> Yes. When you click on something on the desktop you dont expect a random
> unrelated menu to pop out.

When I click somewhere on the desktop it means that I want something
right here right now. Raising a shell or another commonly used app is
a perfect example.

> Making it configurable is the easy opt-out option. Then you call really
> tell all the users to piss off because we made it configurable.  Dont
> get me wrong. I do see the value it in for some people. Making the
> defaults right is the hard part which is why we are having this huge
> flamewar^W discussions

We're not at personal attacks yet (I ignore Jeff's attempts to lower the
bar by provocation), so I still consider this an "involved discussion".
:-)

And yes, I fully agree with you that the discussion is necessary and
makes sense. Unlike some other folks who propagate "if it doesn't fit
you, go whining elsewhere but shut up here".

Best regards,
Daniel