Firefox binary plugins on x86_64

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Jul 26 20:33:06 UTC 2005

Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> somehow Firefox in SuSE 9.3 supports 32bit plugins on x86_64.

Which plugins?  Some plugins like mozplugger have a separate native
binary plugin, and that runs a separate process for the media.  If it is
running a separate process then that is one possible explanation of how
they did it.

> The firefox-bin executable is really a 64bit binary, and
> I couldn't guess how they did it by examining the files
> in the binary package.
>
> Could we do something similar in Fedora?  If needed, I'm
> volunteering to dissect SuSE's SRPM to extract the patch.

If you could post URLs to their .src.rpm that would be handy.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com