Rawhide updates & Fonts

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 01:26:01 UTC 2005

On 7/27/05, Rodd Clarkson <rodd at clarkson.id.au> wrote:
> No real chance of doing it this time (unless people are willing to
> reinstall or downgrade (would that even work?)) but might be worth
> noting for next time (as I'm sure there will be a next time).

For the future.... having a tool that testers can turn on to take
daily screenshots at a specified time potentially with a specially
designed text-rendering dialog window on screen might be useful to
avoid the "i wish we could downgrade" scenario. The tool would keep
the dated screenshots in a directory on disk and when a user notices a
problem.. they can simply flip back through the screenshots and figure
out when the rendering changed and show you the comparison and if you
are really lucky they can show you the segment of the yum.log that
pinpoints which packages were updated in that timeframe.

-jef