What next?

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Wed Jun 1 23:07:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 05:58:23PM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> Fedora Core is not a marketing driven project like the commercial
> distros; releases need not be done on a fixed schedule.  Instead, they
> should be made when there is something worth making a major release and
> based on technology goals.

But Fedora is Red Hat's technology beta platform for RHEL - so they
need somewhat timely feedback on what works and what doesn't "in the
field". So I doubt that RH buys into much longer release cycles...

Personally, I think 9 months is a good compromise.

Best regards,
Daniel (a former RHL beta tester, like you too *g*)