What next?

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Jun 2 06:16:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 20:38:32 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Whyever on earth not?
>
> The upstream distributed pkg-config files, sure.
>
> But if you have a local pkg-config file for the current linker,
> the vagaries of the Solaris linker are completely irrelevant.

Hmm, are you suggesting patching every .pc file in Fedora to have this
option?

One solution might be to use variables ... I think pkg-config allows stuff
like

Libs: $(foo) -lbar -lbaz

Where foo could be defined internally as either "" in the portable
upstream version or "--as-needed" in the downstream version.