What next?

Kaj J. Niemi mail.sw.rh.rhl.devel at spam.fi.basen.net
Thu Jun 2 14:23:27 UTC 2005

> After watching the video of the talks from Guadec, you can see that this
> is a big problem. Almost every talk started off with 5 or 10 minutes of
> fiddling to get the video-to-projector working. In some cases, the
> presentation went on with partially broken displays. Of course, if we
> can't do, neither can John Q. PowerPoint.

In my experience, having seen a lot of powerpoint presentations in both
IT and telco environments Windows 2000/XP support almost any decent projector
very well and autoconfigure themselves correctly as well. Most issues with
projectors and Windows relate to people being unsure how to switch displays
(what function key was it again?) or not being patient enough while waiting
for the projector to scan its inputs and figuring out how to display it.

Not having watched the Guadec videos I can't of course say if the display
issues were with people using Windows or Linux :-)

// kaj