Snowfox:White list firefox with gcj for intranets [was What next]

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Thu Jun 2 15:54:01 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 03:43:52AM +1200, David Mohring wrote:
> > > And here are of few more of interest to me:
> > >
> > > - Bugzilla #158657 Build totem's Mozilla plugin
> > > - Bugzilla #127537 Free software applet viewer plugin
> >
> > http://www.nongnu.org/gcjwebplugin/ is being worked on. The blocker is
> > the current lack of sandboxing.
> >

> Why not adapt the firefox source rpm to build an extra binary (
>   of /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.4/firefox-bin ) package called
> Snowfox - a White list Firefox for intranets.

That's unnecessary.  gcjwebplugin already works as a small mozilla/firefox
plugin and the Java applet is running in a separate process.
To make gcjwebplugin really usable, AppletSecurityManager class needs to
be written (ATM it is just a dummy class that allows almost everything),
I guess some Java auditing needs to be done and SELinux policy written for
gcjappletviewer.

	Jakub