What next?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jun 2 19:47:39 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 07:25 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> - One DVD that can install both i386 and x86_64 (now that Intel starts
> shipping Celerons more and more people will try x86_64)

We already do this for PPC/PPC64. But it's a little saner there because
ppc32 isn't quite as crappy as i386 is -- so we actually end up using
mostly ppc32 userspace even on ppc64 hardware, just because there's
little point in being 64-bit. Whereas on x86_64 you almost always want
the 64-bit binaries just so you get a sane number of registers, so
there's much more duplication.

--
dwmw2