Re: Beware of nvidia-graphics 1.0-7664

Axel Thimm wrote:

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 03:41:58PM +0200, Nils Philippsen wrote:

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 11:22 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 10:24:08AM +0200, Nils Philippsen wrote:

Note that this driver version broke suspend/resume for me (oh the joys
of proprietary software with a proprietary development model), the
display gets garbled. After some dabbling with it I found a workaround,
though: Setting the display to DPMS suspend, then on again brought the
card back into a semi-sane state (X works, text console are still
garbled).

Yes, I had to find that out myself when the screensaver kicked in
killing two hours of work ... :/

Hmm, screensavers work just fine here, I only had problems with
suspend/resume until I implemented the workaround.

My symptoms are display goes black, but never returns. The system works fine though, but a headless laptop is no joy ... :/

Also XvMC libs are broken :/

Care to elaborate? I don't see these in the livna RPMs I use, but maybe
they're just missing ;-).

libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1 is refencing _nv0019XvMCdynamic which does
not exist. You'll only hit it if you use XvMC, e.g. mplayer/mythtv/xine etc.

I have send a mail to nvidia about this issue but no replay yet :(