syslinux and pxelinux.0

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Mon Jun 6 17:38:51 UTC 2005

Jeremy Katz wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 12:48 -0700, Curtis Doty wrote:
>

>>I'm in the middle of uncovering/reverting some unpleasant behaviour
>>introduced into syslinux 3.08 and I'd be curious to know if the 3.08-2
>>build up on rawhide is on the table for fc4 or fc5? Since only 3.07 was
>>in test3.
>>

>3.08 is targeted at FC4.  3.07 was broken for a pretty large number of
>laptops and 3.08 resolved those problems.

Yesterday, I posted my findings upstream. And am awaiting hpa's return.

http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2005-June/005240.html

Maybe it's my PXE (Intel on a Broadcom) environment or maybe it's a
legitimate bug in syslinux? Bit it appears that v3.08 cannot handle
displaying the Fedora logo (or any <CAN>rle-lss16-file<newline> for that
matter) when pulled via tftp.

../C