Mirror monitor for meta data repos

david dfarning at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 7 16:51:31 UTC 2005

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

>On 6/7/05, david <dfarning at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>>The row of little row of squares in a mirror/arch intersection give a 24
>>history of that mirrors status.  I'm thinking about narrowing row so
>>that a 24 history fit comfortably.
>>

>>All suggestion on what other information will be useful.
>>

>How ofter do you plan to pull from each server?
>How long does it take to make a comparison of the full set of official
>fedora mirrors?
>
>-jef

I'm looking at pulling the timestamp from the master about every hour.

If a master version/arch timestamp changes,  I will check evey hour
until it becomes up to date.
If a prior version/arch timestamp fails,  I will check evey hour until
it becomes up to date.

Every {hour | couple of hours] I will check a random version/arch
timestamp per mirror to ensure that the entire mirror isn't dead.

There is no official list of which mirror hold which arch-- so with the
assumption that all mirrors are holding all archs using the list at

http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html and a max of 25 probes.

[dfarning at localhost m3d]$ time /home/dfarning/workspace/m3d/mirmon.pl -v
-get all -c development/core.conf -probes 25
real    13m12.098s
user    0m51.962s
sys     0m31.346s

An update should be pretty quick because the master timestamp seldom
changes.

thanks
-dtf