OT: nVidia driver [was: Wish list]

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 7 21:53:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, June 7, 2005 5:38 pm, Matthew Lenz said:

> The people who bring linux to the world need to stop bitching about
> Nvidia who is the only game in town when it comes to commercial quality
> video drivers for linux.  I've used Nvidia's binaries since they were
> first released on dozens of systems running dozens of different kernels
> and 4 generations of nvidia chipsets.  Never ONCE has their driver
> caused instability in these systems.

No, the people who use Linux for free without a clue should wake up and
listen to the people who created the bloody OS instead of agnostic
johnny-come-lately's.

> Nvidia is way off topic on this board anyway.  People should ask nvidia
> for support not the OS developers.  That is why they have a bulletin
> board for asking questions and why they have a support email address on
> their site.
>
> Next time someone posts having problems with the driver send em to
> nvidia's site.  Done.

If you're going to undermine the integrity of your system and the open
source process at the same time, you're better off just going back and
using Windows.  Actually, do whatever you want personally, but don't
spread this bad advice here.

Sean