question about RedHat/Fedora and the GPL

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Jun 8 02:48:35 UTC 2005

> Actualy, you are wrong.
>
> If it is correct that beehive should be released, then a list, such as
> this, can be used to obtain an agreed concenus that it should be taken
> further.
>
> Shooting first ask later is not clever and this is excatly why I asked
> here. I knew I would see the "its no use to you, so why ask", "its
> old" and good old Warren with his "stop asking" blindside manner, but
> the crux of of this issue is that its not up to YOU (anyone aside from
> me) as to its (beehives) usefullness. People are asked to lobby
> against voilations all the time, even when it doesn't affect them. Its
> the princible, so, if people do agree that it is a something worth
> taking to the RH legal team, then I will do so. I think Mr Harrold
> shows a "real" world example as to the fact that beehive does indeed
> play a large role in the control of building GPL sources at RH.

I have a better idea and one that results in much less discussion about
this subject.

if you'd like to see a buildsystem that can build anaconda then
contribute to the one we're(mostly dcbw) working on for fedora extras.
If it works well then we can lobby to work on using it to build fedora
core, too.

then presto, no more beehive to worry with. :)

-sv