Which patches to apply to source RPMs for a mini KDE?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Sun Jun 12 10:54:06 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I want to figure out how to install stable, already packaged versions
of only some KDE applications on a Fedora Core 3 system which already
has X and Qt. In other words, I would like to start from some KDE
source RPMs for Fedora and massage the spec and Make files until I get
other RPMs that *only* install:

KOffice
Konqueror
KMail
Kopete
Kpdf
(maybe a couple more whose name escapes me now)
all the base KDE libraries that are *really* needed by those programs

*nothing* else: NO sound, only one theme and set of icons, no
wallpaper, no animation....

The purpose is to build a mini-KDe desktop for basic SOHO applications
which has modern functionality (gpg, Khtml, Imap OpenDocument
support...) but is as light as possible on RAM and hard drive.

Said this:

what are the latest stable SRPMS for the apps above for FC3, and
where?

any suggestion and tip on how and which files and settings remove
and/or change (how) in the spec files?

Thank you in advance,
      Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

In a hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account
was, the type of house I lived in, or the kinds of clothes I wore, but
the world may be much different because I was important in the life of
a child                                         Author unknown