Attention / Interest / Desire / Action, getfedora.org, or why marketing 'the Fedora project' is a bad idea.

Mike MacCana mikem at cyber.com.au
Wed Jun 22 08:38:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 13:44 +1000, Colin Charles wrote:
> > I'm

> > use
> > >
> > > Yes, they do.
> >
> > !!!
> >
> > Could you please explain how?
> >
> > Do you not believe that there are users who don't contribute?
>
> Yes, because:

My question was confusing, and you didn't answer it correctly.

Obviously it's clear that you do believe there are users who don't
contribute.

And that, hence, there will always be more users than contributors.

> > Do you think there are people who contribute but somehow don't use?
>
> That too. People use Windows during the day, and at night, might have 2
> hours to work with Fedora checking their mail.

Then they use Fedora. That they also use Windows or FreeBSD is
irrelevant.

So the point remains:
- There will always be more users than contributors
- Getting more users has many benefits, most of which are obvious,
including that contributors feel more enthusiastic working on a popular
project.

Mike