C++ compatibility package dropped

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 23:26:24 UTC 2005

On 6/24/05, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> wrote:
> Is it really that hard to check that group in if you want to use
> legacy software?  Not everybody uses legacy software, so forcing
> it for everyone in the base group is a bad idea IMHO.

I think... the long term solution to address this issue, is to first
find a way to inform users that a library is missing. Launching an app
with a missing library from the gnome panel or menu doesn't give you
feedback about the missking library.  And beyond that hook the
notification into a query of the configured repository metadata to
make a suggestion as to what to install to get the missing library.

-jef