TM

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Mon Jun 27 15:37:34 UTC 2005

man, 27.06.2005 kl. 14.20 skrev Alan Cox:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 08:06:13AM -0400, OmniUni wrote:
> > called, it be closely developed with fedora core. Though Cobind seems neat,
> > and I will probably try it, the combination of Nautilus+XFCE makes me
> > somewhat nervous. I have used gnome-panel with KDE, and Kicker with XFCE,
>
> Nautilus + XFce works remarkably well and it gives you a desktop running
> entirely on the same library set.
>
> > to Trademarks, perhaps we should take the *** Hat Linux (Audio Hat Linux?
>
> Various other *** Hat's already exist and are other people's marks btw (eg
> Hard Hat)
>
> > GraphiHat Linux?) naming convention to show the connection w/o infringing
> > upon trademarks. Just an idea.
>
> Personally I'm in favour of Fedora Light/Lite providing its a "light" Fedora
> that has the same packages but different default set (ie its 100% compatible)
> and that there is a community around it not just one persons view

Yes - Fedora LT migth probably be OK? Would be practical if it wasn just
"fedora-like", but really *was* fedora - just a different install set
with different CD's - or even better, for fc5, when there should exist
extras CD's: A new choice in Anaconda as with "desktop" "workstation"
"server" etc.

Now: Any hints for freeing up some memory on a 128 MB laptop without
sacryfising to much functionality? Getting rid of SElinux perhaps?