TM

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 16:56:05 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 09:10:56PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> How would getting rid of SElinux free up sufficient memory to enable
> Fedora to run on a 128 MB system.?. you are better off running something
> like Rule Project instead or work on optimising the system where it
> really counts

SELinux does use a measurable amount of memory. The things I tend to do on a
small box are:
	run xfce
	run sylpheed
	avoid any Qt apps (just to avoid both library sets being in memory)

It is mostly about application choices. Big desktop backgrounds do also have a
small impact especially with modern 32bit 1600x1200 displays.