fedora-devel-list Digest, Vol 12, Issue 108

Tet sta282 at astradyne.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 07:47:31 UTC 2005

John Thacker writes:

>Still, given all that, OOo right now does use a free license, and FC
>current attempts to only have one application *in Core* (as opposed to
>Extras) for each job.  And given that, it's hard for me to support
>Abiword over the equally free OOo *right now* in Core as the default
>with the lack of workable CJK support.

That's fine. For you OO.o is the right solution. Just remember that
there are others for whom the opposite is true. Abiword does some things
that OO.o can't do, and thus for them, that's the right solution. For
me, there's no question that Abiword/Gnumeric are a better combination
than OO.o. But it seems there's little point in arguing about it now.
AFAICT, the decision has already been made, and FC4 will ship with them
in Extras. Let's just hope someone sees the light and puts them back
into Core for FC5.

Tet