gpdf vs evince

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 19:10:40 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 12:20 -0500, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> >I hope it gets fixed soon.
>
> Bug filed. Hopefully it will have better fate than the bug I filed
> saying SMB file browsing in nautilus doesn't work at all. That one's
> been open for two months now, in the UNCONFIRMED state with no comment.
> Sent another reminder there. Don't blame me if I have no faith in the
> bugzilla system - there's a reason for that. I have mozilla bugs that
> were opened in 2003.

Welcome to reality. If you file a bug, you know it's in the priority
queue. It could still be near the bottom, in which case it's likely to
be permanently starved because new stuff gets added to the top
constantly.

If you want guaranteed response time you have two options:
 - make your own priority queue and start working on it
   in the order of your choice
 - pay someone to do that for you

But the simple reality is that number of bugs vastly exceeds developers
to fix them, for any large software project I know of, so the bugs at
the bottom of the list aren't going to get fixed. Grumbling about it on
mailing lists isn't going to change anything.

Havoc