Why is FC3 stuck with Thunderbird 0.9?

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Sat Mar 5 19:53:01 UTC 2005

Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
> I know that this probably was already asked a million times, I don't
> remember ever reading an answer?
>
> Firefox already got several updates, for 1.0, 1.0.1 and now another
> 1.0.1, but Thunderbird never got any.
>
> I've been using Thunderbird from development and it works just fine
> (much better than FC3's firefox, which has a bunck of broken stuff in
> comparison with the mozilla.org release), so I see no reason not to do
> an update.
>
> Another example is Mozilla, which has had some security issues fixed in
> recent versions but FC3 never got past 1.7.3.
>
> So, summing it up... is there any strong reason for not updating
> Thunderbird on FC3?

Honestly?  The answer is just that I haven't gotten around to it.
Firefox was the priority since that is one of our default apps -- the
others aren't.  Thunderbird 1.0.1 and Mozilla 1.7.6 are right around the
corner, so at this juncture, It may be best to wait a few more days.
I'm in an upstream meeting this Monday where I'll find out more about
when the next releases are out, and I'll push out updates then if they
seem to be too far out.