Intel Pro Wireless cards

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon Mar 7 00:49:08 UTC 2005

> Noted that 'strings ipw2200.ko | less' on kernel-2.6.11-1.1166_FC4 now
> shows:
>
> <6>ipw2200: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200/2915 Network Driver, 1.0.0
>
> so I think it's time to say, "Thank you very much."

Just a quick question.  Was there a reason why the ipw2200 drivers
weren't updated to 1.0.1, instead of 1.0.0?

A look at a changes from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 seem worthwhile and it was
released on Feb 08, 05 so should be well tested.

Fixed #559: iwconfig rate support (thanks to Florian Hackenberger)
NOTE: Configuring a subset of rates that excludes mandatory rates by
your AP may result in not being able to associate with your AP.
  * Improved link signal quality calculation (thanks to Bill Moss)
  * Added additional debug output during scan to dump all 16 bits of
    capability field to IEEE80211_DL_SCAN output
  * Added support for Intel PRO/Wireless 2225BG Network Connection
    adapter
  * Removed trailing whitespace on lines in code (thanks to Henrik Brix
    Andersen)
  * Yanked script trace (-x) from helper scripts (thanks to Henrik Brix
    Andersen)
  * Fixed a problem with sensitivity threshold during association
    (thanks to Raphael Slinckx for troubleshooting with me on IRC for
    three days)
  * Added iwpriv for turning forcing long preamble support: iwpriv eth1
    set_preamble 1|0
  * Possible fixes for #542 and #377 support for short preamble
  * Fixed #563 compilation warning on 2.6.11-rc2 (thanks to Henrik Brix
    Andersen)
  * Fixed locked BSSID reporting channel number (thanks to Pedro
    Ramalhais)
  * Fixed type-o with scan watchdog timeout message (thanks to Pedro
    Ramalhais)
  * Changed logic for displaying get_mode output so the code is easier
    to follow (thanks to Pedro Ramalhais)
  * Added initial support for WPA (thanks to Yi Zhu) -- tested with
    wpa_supplicant (either tip w/ ipw driver, or with -Dipw2100) with
    both CCMP and TKIP
  * Fixed problem with CCMP not working due to uninitialized 802.11
    header fields (thanks to Pedro Ramalhais)
  * Fixed unload script to unload the ieee80211 modules in the correct
    order

R.