ethereal rpm tweaks

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Fri Mar 11 00:30:10 UTC 2005

Radek Vokál wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 11:42 -0800, Curtis Doty wrote:
>

>>Proposed:
>>Compiled with GLib 2.4.8, with libpcap 0.8.3, with libz 1.2.1.2,
>>without libpcre, with Net-SNMP 5.1.2, with ADNS.
>>

>Ok, from your tweaks only -with-ssl survives. I can't link ethereal with
>package from extras - adns.

Understood. Which is sorta why I brought it up. Maybe we should revisit
the discussion to move ethereal out of core and into extras or wherever?

Of course it has the prior mentioned security ramifications. Drinking
from a firehose is always exhilarating. And in my case, I'd prefer a
current and fully loaded set of functionality in extras rather than a
crippled subset in core.

../C