USB card reader gone again

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Mar 11 22:36:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 22:24 +0000, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Out of curiousity, can you try the 2.6.11 kernel at
> > http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/FC3/RPMS.kernel/
> > and let me know if that has the same problem ?
>
> Yep. Get the same problem.
>
> I have noticed that hald is failing to start on boot up, but I can start
> it from a terminal window (this is using your version of the kernel, not
> the rawhide version). However, the USB card reader still doesn't appear
> - everything else does though (CD/DVD and Zip)

Few questions:

 1. does hald appear to work when starting from a terminal window? E.g.
    can you run lshal or hal-device-manager? (remember to run it as root
    with --daemon=no --verbose=yes --retain-privileges)

 2. Is the situation the same with the 2.6.11-1.1177_FC4 kernel you
    original had problems with?

In either case, please file a bug so we can take the discussion there.

David