rawhide report: 20050310 changes

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Mar 12 06:30:13 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Matt Domsch wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 11:18:56AM -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> > I guess the question is whether DKMS can be so modified and if so
> > whether the result would be better than whatever other solutions
> > people have come up with.
>
> # dkms build -m foo -v version -k some_kernel_version -a some_arch
> # (repeat for different -k -a values)

And how does this work with the 2.6 kernel ? Is it capable to build for
different architectures from the same sources without the need of touching
them ?

I thought that was the main problem nowadays with 2.6, building the kernel
modules as user for different archs without having to copy parts or the
whole kernel tree.

If it can do that, I may have to integrate dkms into my buildsystem :)