usb_storage

Jaswinder Singh Kohli jskohli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:51:17 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am sorry to diverge a little from the main topic, since we are
talking about USB
Devices storage that is,  is there a way in determining all the
devices hooked using
 usb-storage driver in the system, and knowing there created respective devices.

for example, if i connect usb key, udev creates a entry in /dev.
the respective entry is created in fstab, and a directory is created
in /media folder.

How to find out, what all such devices are connected, so as i can
mount is programmatically and use is for backup or otherwise....

Thanks... and sorry for being offtopic

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:28:57 +0000, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Latest rawhide kernel, latest HAL, latest everything. My internal USB
> > > card reader is not reading cards despite being happily recognised by
> > > HAL.
> >
> > That reminds me of something. When i use my 5in1 usb cardreader
> > (external), i have to unplug/plug it after i have inserted a new card
> > before it would read it. Somebody told me it was some kind of kernel
> > bug... Could you try that - and maybe open a bugzilla ticket?
>
> I'm not seeing that on my laptop currently, only the one I've described
> for the internal one.
>
> (from dmesg)
> usb 3-2: device not accepting address 4, error -110
> usb 3-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 5
> cdrom: open failed.
> usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -110
> cdrom: open failed.
> usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -110
> usb 3-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
> usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -110
> usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -110
> usb 3-3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 7
>
> What is error -110?
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul
> --
> "It is often said that something cannot be libel if it is the truth.
> This has had to be amended to 'something cannot be libel if it is the
> truth or if the bank balance says otherwise'" - US Today
>

> --

Regards
JSK
jskohli (AT) gmail (DOT) com