RPM installed but unowned files and dirs

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 21:08:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:05:25 +0100, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
> I'm not claiming this is a perfect list, but most are real bugs, I've
> already removed the easy not an FC bug candidates from the list, but
> missed this one.

I wonder... is this a job for the repoquery script that people have
been pimping?
Can we get a full summary of information about unowned directories by
examining the owned files of all the packages in Core and seeing which
directory trees are explicitly not included in that list? Instead of
doing a full install running rpm -qf like mad?  If we can script this
with repoquery just against the repository metadata it will be far
easier for everyone to keep up with this as packages churn.

-jef