Self-Introduction: Karsten Wade

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 09:14:14 UTC 2005

About time I did one of these herethat it matters ...

1. Karsten G. Wade
2. Santa Cruz, CA, USA
3. Technical Writer
4. Red Hat, Inc.
5. Goals in Fedora Project:

# Packages?
* Currently I want to see the PDF problems resolved in the DocBook
toolchain in Fedora Core.  Some of us are experimenting with FOP, we'll
see how that turns out.  If you are interested in this, please join
fedora-docs-list at redhat.com and join the discussions.  I don't know yet
what packages this will include, but when I do know, I'll want to see
them in FC.

# QA?
* I already do QA, mainly when doing documentation.  Doc writers find
the strangest bugs ...

# Else?
* As the newly minted project leader for the Fedora Docs Project (FDP),
I have a special interest in seeing the Fedora Project be well
documented.

* More Fedora in developing nations, end-users and developers alike.
This means stronger internationalization, bigger translation community,
more documentation for all levels of users.

6. Historical quals:

# Past projects?
* Member of the FDP since inception (Aug. 2003), current project leader.

* Worked on SELinux project since it's inclusion in Fedora Core, writing
the release notes entries, Fedora SELinux FAQ, and being as helpful as I
can on fedora-selinux-list and #fedora-selinux (nick: quaid).

# Languages/skills?
* I am a fairly good sysadmin with weak scripting skills and no real
programming languages.

* My DocBook/XML is pretty strong, my XSL-fu and CSS-fu are weak but
growing.

* I was a consultant service provider for Red Hat and VA Linux, so I
have seen and worked in a lot of real world Linux environments.  I tend
to be service oriented, i.e., helpful. :)  This means I'm full of
opinions.

# Trust?
* Briefly -- most of the Fedora developers from Red Hat and many of the
non-Red Hat developers have worked with me.  I have met even Warren f2f.
Finally, I have this shiny medallion here ... swinging ... swinging ...
swinging slowly in front of your eyes ... meaning ... meaning ...
meaning I'm trustful ... you are feeling very trusting of me, aren't
you?  Mmm?  Good ... very good ... when you wake up you will feel
refreshed and relaxed, like you just roused yourself from a daydream and
had a good stretch ... you will remember none of this conversation ...
except you will remember to trust me ... ready?  one ... two ... three,
awaken!

Trust me now?

# GPG

pub  1024D/AD0E0C41 2003-11-26 Karsten G. Wade (quaid|phig)
<karsten at karstenwade.com>
     Key fingerprint = 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E
0C41
uid                            Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>
sub  1024g/C07806E8 2003-11-26

                       Red Hat SELinux Guide