Request for Testing of Installer X Configuration on PPC

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue May 3 14:41:54 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 13:12 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> The second problem with the PB5,3 is that rhpl explicitly specifies
> 800x600 instead of letting X honour the DDC information. I can see that
> rhpl has code to parse this, but it doesn't seem to be doing so...

We only parse it if the X startup fails.  If the X startup _succeeds_,
then parsing the log, killing X, and restarting it may lead to X not
starting back up, which ends up being worse.  But this basically sounds
like us not being worse off on ppc laptops than on x86 ones.

This gets back to the discussion we had a few weeks ago about X
configuration :-)

Jeremy