Request for Testing of Installer X Configuration on PPC

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Tue May 3 16:08:30 UTC 2005

Hi.

Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi.  I've got an ISO for quick testing of anaconda's X configuration
> setup available that's a little bit smaller than a full tree.  All you
> should have to do is download the ISO, burn it to a CD, boot and see if
> X starts up.  Then, you can reboot and go back to your normal doings.

Hardware:
processor       : 0
cpu             : 750CXe
temperature     : 38 C (uncalibrated)
clock           : 499MHz
revision        : 34.21 (pvr 0008 2215)
bogomips        : 995.32
machine         : PowerBook4,1
motherboard     : PowerBook4,1 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 257 (iBook 2)
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 256K unified
memory          : 384MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

iBook2, 500MHz, ATI Rage 128 Mobility

The installer comes up, in 800x600. The display does not like that too much,
the native resolution is 1024x768. The installer is displayed in the upper
left corner, a ~40 pixel high bar of garbage (in varying colors) below,
and the installer screen repeated below that. The right part of the screen
is black.

So, it's basically all right if the installer chooses 1024x768.

--
Sturgeon's Law: 90% of science fiction is junk. But then, 90% of
everything is junk.