Re: Self-Introduction: Denis Ovsienko and /etc/net project

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 20:16 +0000, Jeff Pitman wrote:

> On 11/3/05, Denis Ovsienko <linux pilot org ua> wrote:
>         How can we start?
>
> Basically, you are advocating a rewrite of /etc/sysconfig/networking
> and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. You may start with a detailed
> explanation as to why the setup, that Redhat has provided, is not up
> to task.

While you're at it, some thoughts on why this sort of change is
worthwhile in a NetworkManager world would be good, too.

(And don't say "because NM doesn't handle the server case", etc, because
obviously it'll eventually have to handle many of those cases, so we
don't wind up with two conflicting systems for network setup on one
machine.  We should all try to skip over the rather rhetorical "NM
doesn't have $FOO feature yet" lines of thought ;)
--
  Peter