XEN Rawhide problems

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 15:02:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 05:06 -0800, Steven Howe wrote:
>     Two issues.
>     One is networking. I've yet to get networking working between the
> guest
>     and the host. Some examples of a working networking addresses (via
>     ifconfig and dmesg host/guest) would be nice.

The network config in the current package isn't quite working correctly
-- there's been a lot of churn upstream on this, so I'm hoping updating
will fix it.  If not, then I'll be looking closer at it.

> In fact, the
>     whole XEN network documentation seems pretty week. It's just
> suppose to
>     "work" (very Microsoftish thinking). I will note the "getting
> started
>     wiki" at Redhat was useful, but needs to be updated.

It will be, but a lot of the stuff is being actively worked on and it's
going to be better to get to closer to a final state instead of spending
time updating for every iterative step

Jeremy