Re: lndir and modular x, could this be a seperate package?

Paul Wouters wrote:
Hi,

I am using the very useful tool "lndir" regularly in much the same way
as the new hardlink package is used (though I am not sure if hardlinks
can fully replace lndir, since I have managed to wipe out my trees
in /usr/src/kernels by just adding/removing kernel packages, but that
is another issue).

I would like lndir to be installable without pulling in a lot of X,
since it has no X windows dependancy at all. It just happened to come
with X:

[root uml ~]# rpm -qf /usr/X11R6/bin/lndir
xorg-x11-6.8.2-37.FC4.49.2

In fact, I am not even sure why X requires lndir :)

Paul

cp -rs should do the same thing as lndir.

--
				Brian Gerst