FC5 and new init system

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Nov 14 19:39:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 13:08 -0500, Luke Macken wrote:
> The discussions for Fedora's SysVinit replacement are currently off-list,
> but not for much longer.  Any inclusion of a new init system in FC5 isn't
> going to happen considering today is the test1 devel freeze, but Fedora
> Extras will most likely serve to be a good testbed for any init replacements
> that we plan on testing in the near future.

Unfortunately Extras may not be the best place.  One of the rules of
Extras is that it doesn't replace something in Core.

Would the new init system require the SysV init stuff be
disabled/removed?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)