X11-forwarding over SSH didn't work!

Peter Lemenkov petro at mail.ru
Fri Nov 18 12:48:20 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

>> Frankly speaking I think that's a good idea to make this symlink, until
>> all issues, concerned with modular Xorg, will be resolved.

> problem is.. if compat symlinks are made.. the issues will never get
> reported and thus not resolved....

Understand your concerns, but still think that this symlink is necesary.

Please note, that *all* openssh-clients at the whole Planet use hardcoded
path to xauth, and only Fedora Core switches to the modular X. Can we
enforce all of 'em to use new, patched ssh-client? Even theoretically?

And one more: of course end-users never found this bug (and some others,
no doubts), if we allow such workaround, so what? That's a good news for
average Joe, that he will never discovers such issue using its good old
software.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.