some artwork needs to be replaced...?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 15:10:08 UTC 2005

On 11/18/05, Thomas M Steenholdt <tmus at tmus.dk> wrote:
> would you care to explain your opinion?

I find them functional "enough" and good looking "enough" (except for
some minor defects that I have already filed bugs for but do not
require the cursors to be replaced with a different concept). I don't
see why colorless mouse icons are automatically better than colored
icons. We don't use the high constrast black&white menu/desktop icons
by default.  I didn't read anything in your opinion that was could not
be summarized as "personal taste". And with all matters of personal
taste...opinions differ and there will be no right answer.

And i certainly do not think that the red hat logo on the desktop that
we have enjoyed for so long, is any more appropriate or even more
informational than a separate fedora project logo. I think its very
important and very informational to be able to distinguish which
distribution you are using at a glance at the default desktop even
with windows open obscuring the wallpaper. The fedora logo on the
gnome panel finally makes a clearly visible distinction that someone
is on a fedora desktop and not on a rhel system.  As a matter of
function and informative content.. any fedora specific logo is a
change for the better.  And there is absolutely no point in arguing
about the style of the logo.. matters of style have no right answer
and the style of the logo isn't going to change.

-jef"suckered into yet another logo thread.... I should be forcible
removed from the mailinglists to prevent responding to another logo
thread"spaleta