Simple content management systems.

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 09:03:19 UTC 2005

On 11/19/05, Mike A. Harris <mharris at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm investigating content management systems for maintaining Fedora
> related pages on my site, and looking for something that does not
> require mysql or any other database backend. Something very simple
> and self contained within the web root, with as few web server
> configuration requirements, and as few software requirements as
> necessary. It's also rather important to me that the software
> be 100% true open source software, licensed under the GPLv2 or
> BSD license or something, with no advertising clauses or other
> garbage to restrict freedom.

Well, I have to agree with others in the thread, a moinmoin solution (and
the one in fedoraproject.org <http://fedoraproject.org> in particular) could
be right for your needs.
Otherwise, if you want a complete CMS with everything but the kitchen sink,
you can give a try to plone, GPL, based on zope and written in python.
It should be in extras.

Cheers

Gianluca