status of up2date and rhn-applet

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Thu Nov 24 08:23:07 UTC 2005

"up2date-gnome" is by far the most usable update tool to date.
"pup" is really not on par in any respect. I really have no
idea why people spent time on that one. The best would be to
simply remove it. I do really hope that "up2date-gnome" will
remain in the distro. If it uses "yum" under the hood that's
ok. Concerning "rhn-applet" your right: it is already unusable
in FC4. No reason to drop it though. It should get fixed unless
somebody comes up with an alternative shiny new update notifier.