About unofficial FC4-ISOs

Stefan Neufeind fedora-devel at stefan-neufeind.de
Sat Nov 26 01:23:46 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 01:21:55AM +0100, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
>
>>Great job Hans did. I wonder if it might be possible to offer them
>>officially? Especially with FC4 some quite important install-problems
>
> With FC having such a short lifecycle, I don't think it's worth the work
> it'd take -- FC5 is the updated FC4....

I agree about the short lifecycle - I really like that for several
fields of use. But the idea of a respin was not about bundling big, new
releases - but the updates that are already shipped separately. I don't
know how much work Hans puts into bundling the ISOs - but maybe for
people with "inside-knowledge" it's not hard to bundle updated ISOs anyhow?

> Also, while I'm sure the person doing this is completely good and honest,
> Red Hat's lawyers would probably have to be more careful.

About declaring Hans' ISOs offical I agree. That's why I was thinking
about maybe bundling offical updated FC4-ISOs? And if not distributed
the official way, maybe it could be done on torrent.

Regards,
 Stefan