status of up2date and rhn-applet

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sat Nov 26 05:48:31 UTC 2005

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 12:39:07AM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
 > On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 10:54 +0100, Joachim Frieben wrote:
 > > "up2date-gnome" has a very clear, informative interface. You start with a
 > > channel windows that allows you review the available channels and to make
 > > your choice. Very nice, indeed.
 >
 > Why would you want to not download updates from all repositories you
 > have configured?  Or at least see what's available.  The fact that the
 > updates come from multiple repositories is a detail that I don't think
 > users really want to / should need to care about.

The last time it happened to me, when yum fails to contact one repo,
a 'yum update' fails completely. Ie, it fails for every repo, instead
of downloading updates from the repos that it _could_ contact.

If current yum has been fixed to work in the face of adversity,
then I agree, otherwise, the ability to easily disable a broken repo
is useful.

		Dave