Re: suggestion: move all java packages to extras

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 11:18 -0500, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> I'll add a little more flamage to the conversation and state that native
> eclipse is actually not that useful.

"native eclipse" is a misnomer.  There's a bug filed to rename it to
"Fedora Eclipse".  The Eclipse in FC will run just fine with a
proprietary Java alternative if you happen to install one.

We also use the Eclipse bytecode compiler to build virtually all of
the .jar files in FC/FE, so it's a critical component of the OS right
now.

AG