Re: suggestion: move all java packages to extras

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:43:08 -0500, seth vidal <skvidal phy duke edu> wrote:

> B/c of the rapidly evolving nature of the gcj and related java tools,
> what if we moved them to extras so that work on those packages could be
> both public and move faster?

If you can split gcj off gij and Classpath, then sure, why not,
together with g++. They are the same thing, aren't they? Both are
equally optional. And both save about the same amount of space (gcc-c++
is 5.7MB, gcc-java is 5.2MB). The gcc itself may be needed for a few
things in the core.

-- Pete