suggestion: move all java packages to extras

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Nov 28 06:06:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 20:32 -0800, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> This is really the first statement I've seen that looks like a useful
> guideline, albeit an indirect one. If Fedora is to be the next RHEL, then
> we just need to look at the requirements for RHEL to know how Core and
> Extras gets split.

Except for the fact that RHEL can include content from Extras.  The
Fedora -> RHEL used to be a guideline that governs what went into core
and what went into extras.  Now that RHEL can consist of Extras content,
this is no longer a hindrance.  In reality, we could move say... KDE to
extras, and RHEL will still be able to ship KDE with it's next version.

I know i'm not the only one that would like to see KDE in extras, but
there are a lot of people that wouldn't.  So don't start a thread on
this particular subject.  Please use the wiki page that Seth set up.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: