Re: Modern Update System

I did a fair bit of work on this earlier on the year. Anything that
involved modifying the existing infrastructure would never work, so
the approach I took was a virtual repository (running on localhost or
on LAN) which worked with a remote delta repository to produce a
virtual repository that delivered full updated RPMs without all the
bandwidth.

See here: http://www.wombat.ie/software/rpmdc/

Contact me off-line if you wish to discuss further.

Joe.