Re: fc5 goals

desktop manager is not the correct decision for removal, the more important is to move typical productivity 3rd party applications to Extras. I'm a KDE user, with every new release of Gnome I try to switch to it, but it's just not usable for me, sorry guys. So, I decided to delete apps that I never use, yum remove mozilla wiped out mozilla with a bunch of gnome-related packages. Fine, I don't need the beta of OOo, yum remove openoffice removed one and about 100 gnome-related packages! Rpm-hell is alive, and waits you under yum! Okay, now I have my lovely kdm, kde, and 3rd party firefox and the latest OOo, which have their own installators. I really like the kind of Core that freeBSD provides, and it would be nice if FC will have the same tool set in its core.