fc5 goals

Yuri Prushinsky prushinsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 18:18:57 UTC 2005

desktop manager is not the correct decision for removal, the more
important is to move typical productivity 3rd party applications to
Extras. I'm a KDE user, with every new release of Gnome I try to switch
to it, but it's just not usable for me, sorry guys.
	So, I decided to delete apps that I never use, yum remove mozilla wiped
out mozilla with a bunch of gnome-related packages. Fine, I don't need
the beta of OOo, yum remove openoffice removed one and about 100
gnome-related packages! Rpm-hell is alive, and waits you under yum!
	Okay, now I have my lovely kdm, kde, and 3rd party firefox and the
latest OOo, which have their own installators.
I really like the kind of Core that freeBSD provides, and it would be
nice if FC will have the same tool set in its core.

--
Sincerely yours,
  Yura