Building FireFox 1.5 SRPMs on FC4...

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:50:14 UTC 2005

On 11/30/05, Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11/30/2005 11:31 AM, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Just wondering, I assume that FF 1.5 RPMs will be making their way into
> > rawhide in the next couple of days.
> > What are the chances of building their SRPMs on FC4? (x86-64 to be
> > exact)
> > Should I just give up and build the vanilla source package?
> >
> Once the s390(x) builds finish, it should hit rawhide.  I'd imagine you
> should be able to build it on FC4 without issue, but why not try and
> find out for sure?  :-)

Almost but not quite. Off the top of my head once you've installed the
spec file you need to:

In the spec file you need to change the nspr/nspr-devel to
mozilla-nspr[-devel] with version of 1.7.10 (it will inc greater vers)
and remove the cairo dep.

Then in the firefox-mozconfig remove the lines with system cairo and
pango. You need to remove the pango because it deps on cairo.

Once you've done that you should be able to do a rpmbuild -ba
firefox.spec and then just wait. I've been doing this ever since the
alphas started to appear in rawhide.

Pete