Re: announce: rpmdb checker, machine status checker

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 12:25:36PM +0000, Florian La Roche wrote:
> Here is a python script that can analyse a rpmdb and also help
> determining the status of an installed machine:

A more complete docu (thanks to asciidoc) for the PyRPM scripts
is now available at:

    http://people.redhat.com/laroche/pyrpm/

> Let me know if you have questions about this tool, have ideas
> about further checks that can be added or have problems using
> it. (Especially if you have real broken rpmdb files on some of
> your machines, I'd like to hear if some checks could be improved. ;-)

The checkrpmdb parts should be fairly well tested by now. Dependency
checks and further checks are also added now. See above link for more
detailed information.

greetings,

Florian La Roche