Manuel Moreno manolo at miconexion.com
Tue Oct 25 19:09:53 UTC 2005

Dave Jones wrote:
> Mandriva, SuSE and Ubuntu also carry lots of other patches we don't

I do not know right now about Mandriva and SuSe but I'm well sure that
Ubuntu kernel carry far less patches than RH.

> have in Fedora, so the analogy is pointless.

So your comparison is unsound, untrue and misleading. :-)

> End-users shouldn't need to know what a DSDT, or an initrd is.

Why?

> End-users shouldn't need to know what a DSDT, or an initrd is.

Because you say so?

> End-users shouldn't need to know what a DSDT, or an initrd is.

Because it is Thy First Commandment? :-)

> 		Dave

Considering the increasing number of laptops/notebooks out there your
stand is unsustainable and looks like technofundamentalism. Do you
really want Fedora to wane into the shadows of marginal/niche
distributions... :-)

--
Manuel Moreno
manolo at miconexion.com